Plaça d’Espanya, s/n

The first news that we have of the current Church is from the year 1574, when the Callosa Parish Church was established, which in 1578 was inaugurated by Francisco de Mesa. In the second half of the eighteenth century its expansion was proposed and in 1765 the construction of the transept began, ending in the year 1786. In 1819 the works were on the façade, which was made of marble from local quarries and was not completed until the year 1865. The upper body of the facade will not be made until 1917, but not in black marble but in painted cement imitating marble.


The organ of the Church of San Juan Bautista is a baroque organ built, supposedly, in the year 1754 by Bartolomé Sanchez for a Cocentaina convent, and which was bought and transferred to Callosa in 1845. 

Externally, the instrument presents us with a neoclassical façade made of natural wood, in keeping with the rest of the church. Given the good condition of the organ, it is still used very frequently in concerts and masses.



C/ Major, 22

The Villa de Callosa d’en Sarrià was protected by a wall from the 14th century. This one came from the castle in the direction of the west and a short distance from it there was a door called Portal de Bolulla, at the confluence of San Antonio and Sellesos streets. This continued along the Costera del Rubio until the confluence of Mayor and Poador streets. Here was another door, El Portal, which is still preserved today, made up of a semicircular arch that accentuates the odd and even houses on Calle Mayor as connecting elements.


C/ La Font, 1


Laundry and drinking trough built in 1786 by the Callosa d’en Sarrià City Council. It had twelve pipes and the laundry room was capable of accommodating more than seventy people. In 1910 the laundry was covered with a roof. It is currently restored and represents one of the most charismatic images of the town.


The ordeal integrated into the urban landscape of the town is an indispensable element in any town in the Valencian Community. Its origin, like most of the rest of Valencian geography, seems to go back to the end of the 19th century. Calvario de Callosa is a peri-urban calvary that begins in the last house in the urban area and ends in a hermitage, developing in a zig-zag on the ascent to Cerro del Calvario, and covering a distance of approximately 700 meters.



C/ Sellesos, 7

The Callosa Museum of Ethnology and Archeology shows and describes those objects that have influenced the configuration of popular culture and customs of the various societies that have populated our town, its natural and urban environment, throughout our recent history.

It aims to bring the visitor closer to the daily life of our ancestors, awaken curiosity and interest in our history through the contemplation of the pieces and rebuild and relive the life experiences of the men and women of our people in the past centuries and awaken interest in the roots and our historical cultural heritage.

Our ancestors took advantage of the scarce natural resources of our term within a dynamic rural economy society. Activities, trades, occupations and productions that have left a great mark on the cultural heritage of our town.

Free entrance.

From Monday to Friday: 9:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m.

Closed weekends and holidays.